When it comes to diving into the world of becoming a book publisher there is plenty of help available. Self publishing, or Indie Publishing as some authors prefer to call it is fast becoming a perfectly legitimate method of getting your work in front of readers but there’s a whole world of learning to stand any chance of success.
Getting your work published takes many steps, from writing the book to covering design, production, and marketing.
Self-publishing is a unique balance of business, knowledge, and creativity.
As a self-published author, you get complete control over creativity and pricing. But along with these advantages, there is a lot to learn. This is where self-publishing courses step in.
These courses save you plenty of time by making each step precise and easy to follow. As with any profession, you will need to invest in your education, and any of the courses below are well worth paying the price.
Self-publishing courses cut down the research time in the publishing industry. They teach methods that have proven to work for various authors, regardless of genre or considering the speciality. The learning also involves connecting with different industry professionals, other writers, and expert authors, and learning that can also be applied to many upcoming books.
With that said, which self-publishing courses are worth the money? Simply put, one that is less talk and more practice.
Mark Dawson’s Self-Publishing Launchpad
Mark Dawson is known for his thriller books, specifically his John Milton and Beatrix Rose series. He has sold more than an astounding figure of 4 million books.
Living as a full-time author, he designed the masterclass Self-Publishing Launchpad to help writers self-publish their work.
- Building an online presence.
- Pre-publishing requirements.
- Increasing sales by generating organic traffic.
- Choosing offline/online retailers.
- Getting reviews.
- Benefits of Amazon v Publishing Wide.
Why enrol in Mark Dawson’s Self-Publishing Launchpad course
- The material includes how to write brilliant copy for Facebook Ads and email communications for your subscribers to boost sales.
- The course also covers in detail how to effectively understand the Amazon algorithm.
- Features a tech library that covers major retailers, mailing list providers, and more.
- An active community on the Facebook group. Connect with others easily by sharing and discussing ideas.
Who is this course for?
The course has easy-to-follow steps, making it perfect for beginners and advanced authors alike. However, the ideal writers are indie authors who aspire to take their business to the next level and get as much return as possible.
- Price: 497 USD,
- Payment options: The payment can also be made in instalments of 49 USD per month.
- Availability: This course is usually open twice a year.
To read our full more detailed review of Self Publishing Launchpad Click here.
Nick Stephenson’s Your First 10k Readers
The course name says it all. Hitting the 10k milestone is a massive win for an aspiring self-publishing author. Keeping that in mind, Nick Stephenson emphasises developing a wide array of marketing skills that suit every type of writer and their circumstances.
Being a bestselling fiction author, Nick wanted to help writers understand the technicalities of self-publishing. And so, the Your First 10k Readers course goes into the details as the ultimate book marketing guide in the modern high-tech world.
- Explore different platforms for merchandising your book (Amazon, Pricing, etc.)
- Generating more traffic using keywords, promotions, and freebies like downloadable books.
- Converting traffic into a loyal fanbase (using promotions and marketing that offer value, such as giveaways).
- Building high engagement without nagging potential buyers and readers. The topics of auto-responders, reviews, and social media mastery techniques are among the few covered.
- Hosting your book launch – from teamwork to the details of the launch day.
- Using Facebook as an advertising tool.
Why enrol in Your First 10k Readers course
Nick’s self-publishing course covers many marketing techniques for all types of writers, in both fiction and non-fiction categories.
- The mode of delivery is video-based, which makes it highly interactive.
- A private and active Facebook community is there to support you.
- It features bonus content as well. Such as ‘The 60 Day Author’.
- Simple blueprints to all members that they can refer to anytime.
- Features interviews with highly successful authors such as Mark Dawson and Joanna Penn.
- Learn to master the Amazon algorithms.
- Find your best keywords to increase sales.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for writers who publish work now and again. Ideally, you must already have one or a couple of published works in the market.
Sign up for this course if you want to skyrocket your sales and gain more readers for your published works. Since the course focuses on details, it’s best suited for writers looking for intermediate to advanced content.
- Price: 597 USD.
- Payment options: The option to pay 59 USD per month is available, along with a money-back guarantee of 30 days.
- Availability: The course is open all year round.
- Read our full First 10k Readers review here
Authority Pub Academy
Steve Scott and Barrie Davenport conduct Authority Pub Academy course. With more than 70 books under his name, Steve combines his excellent writing knowledge with diverse marketing techniques.
His partner, Barrie Davenport, is famous for her self-improvement website ‘Live Bold and Bloom’. She is also the author of several books in the same category.
Together, these two experts have tailored this self-publishing course to meet the needs of people who want to learn both writing and marketing.
- Building healthy writing habits.
- Picking the genre/niche and how to do high-level research.
- Creating the book outline, writing the first draft, and book editing.
- Setting up your book for publishing.
- Strategies for launching the book, generating leads, and reviews.
- Marketing techniques and expanding your author library.
Why enrol in the Authority Pub Academy course
The Authority Pub Academy course can teach you how to use many platforms as a writer.
- Pick up on tech details. Learn to set up your WordPress blog and walk through the email process.
- Learn to use Evernote, Canva, and other apps to boost your productivity as a writer.
- Mode of learning includes high-quality videos that add to the fun and creativity.
- Examples of real-life proven case studies of bestselling authors.
Who is this course for?
Sign up for this course if you wish to create more content as an author. You might have published a book before and have a fair idea of marketing techniques in the publishing industry.
If not, you might have many book ideas at once or wish to expand your author portfolio. This self-publishing course is designed to help achieve balance and get things done faster for every ongoing project. Create your work more effectively and learn strategies that will help you market your books in the long run.
- Price: 597 USD.
- Payment options: One-time payment or in two instalments of 348 USD. It also provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Availability: Available all year.
Self Publishing School
Thus, the Self Publishing School course revolves around becoming a productive writer. The creator, Chandler Bolt, is a self-publishing entrepreneur who became famous for his book ‘The Productive Person’.
After that, he aspired to help other writers publish their books. And so, he designed this course to help aspiring authors self-publish in as little as 90 days.
- Turning your book into a bestseller as a non-fiction writer.
- Elements to write bestselling fiction books.
- Learn to write a bestselling children’s book.
- A mega program known as Author Advantage Accelerator consists of complete services for producing, publishing, and marketing your book.
- The writer’s conference boosts writers’ networking and book marketing strategies.
Why enrol in the Self-Publishing School course
- It offers multiple options for writers of both the fiction and non-fiction genres.
- A personal coach has been appointed for every type of program.
- You will get a professional workbook for your chosen course.
- You can discuss book ideas with your coach over a one-hour call.
- Weekly live sessions with Chandler Bolt.
- It consists of various premium courses.
- It makes your self-publishing process more accessible by offering done-for-you services.
Who is this course for?
You should sign up for this course if you relate to any of the following:
- Writers who are focusing on one book.
- You need some clarity on your book idea.
- You want a fast-track course that focuses only on a specific genre and necessary details.
- Price: Please visit the course website for details on pricing and payment options.
- Availability: This course is available to writers meeting specific requirements at any time. If you make it, you will be recommended a course that best suits your self-publishing goals.
All in all, each of the above courses offers unique content. Before picking one, consider your budget, the course level, and if the modules fit your learning expectations.
Mark Dawson’s Self-Publishing Launchpad is best if you want to excel at building and maintaining your online presence.
Authority Pub Academy focuses mainly on the art of becoming a bestselling author. If you’re writing multiple books simultaneously, this course will help balance your works’ creativity and publishing process.
Your First 10k Readers is built on developing an all-rounded knowledge of marketing techniques in the self-publishing industry.
Self Publishing School is perfect if you are working on a single book. The primary purpose is to take you through the entire process with precise and practical steps.